Entertainment near The Cove at Fairview
There is always something to do near the Cove. Enjoy downtown Asheville or a local festival. Here’s just a few of the options near the Cove at Fairview.
Art Galleries and Museums
Visit the Asheville Art Museum, located at Pack Square. Blue Spiral is a gallery downtown. The Folk Art Center, located on the Blue Ridge Parkway, has a historic craft museum and a store featuring the works of North Carolina artisans.
- Asheville Art Museum www.ashevilleart.org
- Blue Spiral www.bluespiral1.com
- Folk Art Center www.southernhighlandguild.org
Festivals and Festivities
LEAF is an outstanding music and Arts festival with two locations (downtown Asheville and nearby Black Mountain). LEAF has a fee. The Drum Circle happens Friday Nights at Pritchard Park during warmer weather. Bring a drum, dance, or just enjoy watching the festivities. Shindig on the Green features free folk and bluegrass music, as well as clogging. Downtown after 5 is a free music festival that happens monthly from June to September.
- Drummer’s Circle: Free. Every Friday night from 6:00-10:00 downtown at Pritchard Park.
- Shindig on the Green: Free. Some Saturday nights from 7:00-10:00 downtown at Pack Square Park. folkheritage.org/shindigonthegreen.htm
- Friday after 5. Free. The third Friday of every month from 5:00-9:00 downtown on North Lexington Ave. July thru September. Enjoy the music! ashevilledowntown.org/2014-downtown-after-5
- Leaf Downtown: Free. Music and cultural festival downtown. www.theleaf.org/downtown/
There are many more festivals and local festivities!
- Carolina Theater: Check out the sofa lounge room! www.carolinacinemas.com/asheville
- Fine Arts Theater: Features independent film and arts film. fineartstheatre.com
- Carmike 10 Theater: Nearby. fandango.com/carmike10_aalsc/theaterpage
- Asheville Music Hall ashevillemusichall.com
- Diana Wortham Theatre www.dwtheatre.com
- The Grey Eagle thegreyeagle.com
- The Orange Peel theorangepeel.net
- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium wolfe.boxofficeticketsales.com
Looking for what is happening this week? The Mountain Xpress is a free local weekly paper that lists all music acts. It comes out on Wednesday and is at most gas stations. Also, it is on-line: mountainx.com
More From Our Blog
Keep up-to-date with local restaurants, events and more. Here some recent updates!