Entertainment near The Cove at Fairview
There is always something to do near the Cove. Enjoy downtown Asheville or a local festival. Here’s just a few of the options near the Cove at Fairview.
Covid-19 Update: Business hours and availability may have been adjusted for safety. Please contact the business about their hours and current limitations. We also take safety measures.
Art Galleries and Museums
Visit the Asheville Art Museum, located at Pack Square. Blue Spiral is a gallery downtown. The Folk Art Center, located on the Blue Ridge Parkway, has a historic craft museum and a store featuring the works of North Carolina artisans.
- Asheville Art Museum www.ashevilleart.org
- Blue Spiral www.bluespiral1.com
- Folk Art Center www.southernhighlandguild.org
Festivals and Festivities
LEAF is an outstanding music and Arts festival with two locations (downtown Asheville and nearby Black Mountain). LEAF has a fee. The Drum Circle happens Friday Nights at Pritchard Park during warmer weather. Bring a drum, dance, or just enjoy watching the festivities. Shindig on the Green features free folk and bluegrass music, as well as clogging. Downtown after 5 is a free music festival that happens monthly from June to September.
- Drummer’s Circle: Free. Every Friday night from 6:00-10:00 downtown at Pritchard Park.
- Shindig on the Green: Free. Some Saturday nights from 7:00-10:00 downtown at Pack Square Park. folkheritage.org/shindigonthegreen.htm
- Friday after 5. Free. The third Friday of every month from 5:00-9:00 downtown on North Lexington Ave. July thru September. Enjoy the music! ashevilledowntown.org/2014-downtown-after-5
- Leaf Downtown: Free. Music and cultural festival downtown. www.theleaf.org/downtown/
There are many more festivals and local festivities!
- Carolina Theater: Check out the sofa lounge room! www.carolinacinemas.com/asheville
- Fine Arts Theater: Features independent film and arts film. fineartstheatre.com
- Carmike 10 Theater: Nearby. fandango.com/carmike10_aalsc/theaterpage
- Asheville Music Hall ashevillemusichall.com
- Diana Wortham Theatre www.dwtheatre.com
- The Grey Eagle thegreyeagle.com
- The Orange Peel theorangepeel.net
- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium wolfe.boxofficeticketsales.com
Looking for what is happening this week? The Mountain Xpress is a free local weekly paper that lists all music acts. It comes out on Wednesday and is at most gas stations. Also, it is on-line: mountainx.com
- Flat Rock Playhouse: The state theater of North Carolina. flatrockplayhouse.org
- Dianna Wortham Theater: Located at Pack Square. dwtheatre.com
- NC Stage Company: Voted Best Theater by Mountain Xpress several times. ncstage.org
More From Our Blog
Keep up-to-date with local restaurants, events and more. Here some recent updates!
Cane Creek Valley Market
Cane Creek Valley Market is a nearby vegetable stand. Marietta says that their heirloom organic tomatoes are possibly the best tomatoes that she has ever
Many of our guests enjoy getting a massage during their stay with us. The Cove at Fairview has two massage therapists and both get glowing
We all have our favorite dish at Piazza. My dad and I favor wood fired pizza, my sister loves the pasta, and my mom likes
Asheville’s Flat Iron Sculpture!!
Shown here is the flatiron sculpture located by the flatiron building in Downtown Asheville. The flatiron building is an historic building named for its wedge
Smokey and The Pig!!
Smokey and the Pig has some of the best ribs in the Asheville Area. We also love the sweet potato crunch – we get that
Early Girl Eatery!!
We have eaten at Early Girl Eatery many times over the years and every meal has been delicious. Shown here is a Black Bean and