Drinking and Dining near The Cove at Fairview
Asheville and surrounding areas are known for their great beer and food. Just down the road, you can find great restaurants and treats. Here are some of our favorites!
If there is one thing that Western NC is known for, it’s the beer! We have 50+ breweries locally, with every style imaginable. If you like IPAs, porters, or sours… we have you covered!
- Whistle Hop Brewing Company – Drink excellent beer in a Train Caboose! Located in Fairview making it the closest brewery. Food truck on Thursday – Sunday (check for availability). www.whistletop.com (828) 338-9447
- Barley’s Taproom – Not a brewery, but has tons of local and regional beers on tap. barleystaproom.com (828) 255-0504
- Catawba Brewing Co – catawbabrewing.com (828) 552-3934
- Highland Brewery – Award-winning micro-brewery.
- www.highlandbrewing.com (828) 299-3370
- New Belgium – Free tours, and lots of great Belgian-style beers. newbelgium.com/brewery/asheville (828) 333-6900
- Sierra Nevada – A little further away, but worth the drive. Good beer and food. Concerts too. sierranevada.com/ (828) 708-6176
- Wicked Weed – One of Asheville’s favorites downtown www.wickedweedbrewing.com/ (828) 575-9599
- Wedge – Down in the river district. Known for their great farmhouse ale. wedgebrewing.com (828) 505-2792
This is just a start on the breweries. There are more in the area!
Asheville was named“Beer City, USA” from 2009-2012. It’s STILL beer city… with so many to choose from. If you want to explore a variety in the area, consider a brewery tour!
- Amazing Pubcycle – amazingpubcycle.com Pedal on this pub crawl. BYO beer or wine. At least 6 people to book.
- Asheville Brewery Tours –ashevillebrewerytours.com (828) 233-5006
- Asheville Brews Cruise – brewscruise.com/asheville/ (828) 545-5181
- BREW-ed Asheville Brewery Tours – brew-ed.com (828) 278-9255
Dining Near The Cove
There are lots of great dining options nearby.
- Fairview Pizza Company – Wood-fired pizza. Delivers to The Cove at Fairview (with exception of Prayer Ridge and Log Gap). fairviewpizzacompany.com
- Piazza – Near the cove. piazzaeast.com
- Local Joint – Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-and-more-on-74-fairview
- Nachos and Beer – Californian Style Mexican Food yelp.com/biz/nachos-and-beer-asheville-2
- Angelos –plus.google.com/117288240520884360369/about?gl=us&hl=en
There are many great restaurants in Asheville but here are some of our favorites. If you are looking for a certain style of food, just ask us for a recommendation.
- 12 Bones: Ribs & scrumptious sides for lunch or take-out. 12bones.com
- Bouchon: French comfort food. Great pommes-frites! ashevillebouchon.com
- The Early Girl Eatery: Delicious Southern dishes. earlygirleatery.com
- Tupelo Honey “Southern Cooking an Uptown Twist.” www.tupelohoneycafe.com Two Locations – 1 in Asheville 828-255-4863 and 1 in Arden 828-505-7676. We recommend calling for a reservation.
- The Corner Kitchen: Southern dishes with an urban twist. thecornerkitchen.com
- White Duck Taco Shop: Amazing tacos. Lots of styles for every taste. whiteducktacoshop.com
We can help you provide a gift basket or cheese tray for you or your loved one’s arrival. Also, there is a wide variety of catering options.
- Troyer’s Amish Country Blatz: Closeby. (gift baskets and deli items) – troyerscountryamishblatz.net
- Moose Ridge Culinary & Catering: (828) 777-6466
- Corner Kitchen Catering: cornerkitchencatering.com
- HillTop Creamery – Traditional (and unique) hand-made ice cream. facebook.com/HilltopIceCreamShop
More From Our Blog
Keep up-to-date with local restaurants, events and more. Here some recent updates!